Student Success Statement 

Image result for karl g maeser

Karl G. Maeser 

"I have been asked what I mean by 'Word Of Honor.' I will tell you: place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far into the ground- there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape; but stand me on the floor and draw a chalk around me and have me give 'My Word Of honor' never to cross it. Can i get out of that circle? No, never! I'd rather die first." 


What this quote is trying to say is that no matter what, you should always keep your word of honor because you made a promise to keep it. Having a word of honor is kind of like a goal in order to keep it you must obey the rules, if you don't keep your word others won't be able to trust you so it's best to always keep it and if you can't then just tell them; don't let them down. i don't really have a good story myself but this happened to my friend; my friend told me about this person who she likes so she goes around telling her friends about it but at the end of the day the truth came out. He found out later about how she liked him and it turns out she thought it was me but I told her I wouldn't tell anyone turns out it was her best friend who told him. So the importance of keeping your word is a good thing you should always keep it no matter what now that person will most likely trust you with anything like their secrets or if they need help with something. I wanted to say about this quote how I personally don't like the example he used because it doesn't make that much sense as it should but over all good saying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog